Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Twice Baked Mexican Sweet Potato

E because:
1)  there are between 20 and 45 g of carbs in this meal.
2) there are less than 5 g of fat in this meal. The sprinkle of cheese is a reduced fat mozzarella.
3) I have non-starchy veggies in this meal with berries and a drizzle of vinaigrette dressing.
4) My protein source is ground turkey (left over taco meat from Monday's tacos) .
5) Ice water to drink! To Make the Filling for the Potato: I use leftover Taco meat. So I had better start with that! Taco Meat:
Fry up some lean ground turkey. Once it's cooked, add 1 tbsp of chili powder and 2 tsp of cumin. Add 1/2 cup of salsa. Filling: Bake your sweet potato until soft. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides. Mash this in a bowl. Add this to the ground meat mixture. Fill your sweet potato skins with the mixture. Top with grated reduced fat mozzarella, and broil until it's all melted and lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Meals look great! ! Always looking for ideas since I am just starting out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! The meals in my one week meal plan are perfect for someone just starting out. I didn't use any strange ingredients and the recipes are pretty simple to follow. Enjoy! :D

      Delete
  2. Salad looks great! Im afraid of fruit and veggies together!! I have a bunch of sweet potato not sure what to do so this looks excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! You sound like my sister. She gets a funny look on her face when she sees fruit on my spinach salad! HAhaha! I love berries, feta, and balsamic on a salad though!!! YUM!

      Delete