Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Stacie's E Lunch - Chicken salad sandwich made with Ezekiel bread, lettuce, tomato, mayo with 4g of fat, and leftover white meat from last nights roast.

*EDIT* It was pointed out to me that dill pickles are actually an S food! Whoops! Live and learn! You could sub fresh cucumber slices for the dill pickles in this meal. :D

E because:
1) The two slices of Ezekiel bread are the giveaway here that this is an E meal. I have hit the 20-45g of carbs target with two slices.
2) I used under 5g of fat to make the chicken salad.
3) I have non-starchy veggies with the lettuce, green onion, tomato and cucumbers.
4) Berries are great in liberal amounts in an E setting.
5) Drink up! Flush your system every single day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I just discovered your blog thanks to some ladies on the THM Facebook page. I'm sure I will spend quite a bit of time here as I am pretty new to the THM thing and have a lot to learn. My first question comes from your "edit" above. Why are pickles only an S food? I would have considered them a non-starchy vegetable for either S or E, so I'm confused. :) RoseAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also wondering while dill pickles are considered an S

    ReplyDelete