Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Spaghetti Squash Casserole

  • S because:
    1) there are less than 10 g of carbs in this meal.
    2) there are healthy fats in this meal, which are great for you as long as they are not mixed with more than 10g of carbs. Add too many carbs, and this casserole will show up on your hips for sure!

    3) My protein source is the chicken breast in the casserole.
    4) GGMS (good girl moonshine) goes with anything and keeps you feeling full!!!


Spaghetti Squash Casserole with Grilled Chicken, Bacon and Garlic Cream Sauce


Ingredients
·         2 chicken breasts
·         6 slices bacon
·         salt and pepper or creole seasoning
·         3 tbsp. butter
·         4 cloves garlic, chopped
·         ½ onion , chopped
.      1/3 cup low fat cream cheese
·         1 egg
·         ¼ cup FF chicken broth
·         1/2 cup almond  milk
·         1 cup mozzarella cheese
·         1 spaghetti squash. ( I cook mine in the slow cooker for ½ to 1 hour then I split it and remove the seeds, put it back in the slow cooker until it is tender and pulls apart with a fork.)

1.    Preheat oven to 450.
2.    Line a small pan with parchment paper. Place bacon slices on parchment and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.( Or you can use bacon bits for us drive thru Sue’s)
3.    Season and grill chicken. Set aside to cool.( I fried mine on the stove)
4.    For sauce:
5.    In a skillet, melt butter.
6.    Add garlic and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes.( until onion is opaque)
7.    Add cream cheese and cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring frequently.
8.    Add broth. Stir.
9.    Add almond milk slowly and stir.
10.  Salt and pepper to taste.
11.  Stir and cook for 2 more minutes over medium heat.
12.  Add chicken and bacon and slightly whipped egg to the spaghetti squash. Pour into a greased oven proof casserole dish.
13.  Top with shredded mozzarella.
14.  Bake at 375 for 20- 25 minutes.
Notes

I always like the cheese to be browned a little so I cook it under the broiler for about 3-4 minutes or until bubbly and brown.

1 comment:

  1. This spaghetti squash and chicken dish is amazing! I think it is the best dinner I've made since I have been on the THM plan. I would never have thought I could eat something this decadent tasting and still have it be good for me. Thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete