Friday, August 7, 2015

E Breakfast - Cinnamon and maple oatmeal with peaches and blueberries



E because:
1) There are between 20-45g of carbs in this meal.
2) There are less than 5g of fat in this meal.
3) I used one whole peach and just enough blueberries to make it colorful. 
4) My protein is from a side serving of greek yogurt.
5) Sugar free maple syrup is not for the puritan. I have never claimed to be a puritan, and I have this once in a while and stick to about 1 tbsp each time I have it. 


I wait all year for Ontario peaches to be ripe just for this dish! Even before THM, I would have this breakfast. Here's how I make it:

*Boil 1 1/3 C of water.
*Add 2/3 C of oatmeal. 
*Simmer for 3 mins, stirring once in a while. 
*Add cinnamon to taste. (I sprinkle it until it looks right, so not sure of the measurement.) 
*Remove from heat, cover and let sit while you slice up the peach and wash the blueberries.
* Drizzle 1 tbsp of sugar-free maple syrup over top. 
*Add a large spoonful of Greek yogurt on the side. 

Enjoy! 

1 comment: