Wednesday, March 4, 2015

E - Open Faced Sandwich, Broccoli Seasoned with Pepper Medley, and "It's not Kool-Aide"

E Lunch - Open faced sandwich, broccoli seasoned with pepper medley, "It's not Kool-Aide" to drink.

E because:
1) I have between 20-45g of carbs in this meal. (Coming from my bread)
2) I have less than 5g of fat in this meal. I used only a sprinkle of reduced fat mozzarella on my sandwich.
3) There are lots of non-starchy vegetables, broccoli, tomato, onion and spinach.
4) My main source of protein is the lean turkey breast. (In an E meal, make sure that your meat is very lean. You don't want to stack fat on top of the carbs.)
5) I am drinking an "It's not Kool-aide" drink. I found the recipe on Pinterest and it taste amazing!
6) I didn't use any oil to cook the broccoli. I just put a hint of water in a frying pan, and "fried" the broccoli and pepper medley together until it was tender crisp.
7) I assembled the sandwiches, sprinkled with cheese and then put them under the broiler until the cheese was all melted and browned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment